We were very pleased to receive this award and to be recognized by one of our local businesses. We would like to thank the folks at Boardwalk Honda for this award.
Steel Pier’s Observation Wheel Becoming Closer to Reality
Steel Pier President Visits Italy for First Inspection April 3, 2015 (VENICE, Italy) –
Steel Pier’s Anthony Catanoso traveled to Italy this week to conduct the first of three inspections of New Jersey’s first Observation Wheel, which is scheduled to open later this year. Traveling with Mr. Catanoso is Steel Pier Operations Manager, James Catanoso. The pair traveled to Technical Park’s facility in Melara, Italy, outside of Venice, where six factories are contributing elements that will comprise the final wheel. The 200-foot Observation Wheel, one of the tallest in the country, will be erected adjacent to Steel Pier. “This is literally one the first legs of the new foundation for Atlantic City,” says Anthony Catanoso. “This Observation Wheel is truly a metaphor for how far we can go when it comes to building non-gaming venues in Atlantic City. The wheel, along with the Pier’s extensive renovation, are just some of the many exciting revitalization efforts going on right now at Atlantic City—including Stockton’s innovative idea for the former Showboat.” The wheel is estimated to draw 50,000 riders a month to enjoy the sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and Atlantic City skyline from climate-controlled gondolas. Catanoso says it’s imperative to conduct inspections firsthand and they have been extremely impressed with the workmanship. James Catanoso agrees: “From an operational perspective, it’s a unique opportunity to see a major ride such as this from a manufacturing level. We see the incredible attention to detail on each part and how all the involved factories are working closely together to create this magnificent structure. We can’t wait for visitors to Atlantic City to glimpse what we are seeing here.” The wh eel is being built with cooperation and assistance from the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA), as well as the City of Atlantic City, and will cost $14 million.
Top 10 Beauty Treatments (and a Few for the Guys) to Get “Done Up” For the “Turn Up”
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (March 12, 2015) — It’s party o’clock and Atlantic City, NJ is pulsing with energy as glam revelers hit the town’s numerous clubs, restaurants and dance floors. But how to get that head-turning style? All around town, lux salons and spas offer dozens of specialty services and treatments that will have you looking fetch from your first cocktail to the DJ’s last beat.
Here are 10 services that will get you noticed. And guys, don’t worry; we have you covered, too:
- The aestheticians at The Spa at Golden Nugget will evaluate your skin tone and create a custom blended color for a golden glow with their Evolv Custom Spray Tanning system. A pre-tan PH balancing treatment and post-tan moisture lock will help you keep that sun-kissed shimmer without all that sun damage. Huron & Brigantine Boulevard, (609) 340-5001, goldennugget.com
- If that awesome tat detracts from that even more awesome dress, the specialists at Bellezza Salon in Caesars are your new best friends. With Tats-B-Gone, they’ll temporarily cover your ink with smudge-proof, non-transferable, high-def make-up that will have all eyes on you and not your ink. 2100 Pacific Avenue, (609) 343-2514, salonsbellezza.com
- Take one pair of stilettos, add in a few hours on the dance floor and the result could be one tired set of tootsies. Get energized with the Salon at Resorts’ Anti-Fatigue Leg Treatment, an indulgence that is both relaxing and stimulating and will keep you dancing ‘til dawn. 1133 Boardwalk at N. Carolina Avenue, (609) 340-6446, salonatresorts.com
- Let the stylists at the Salon at Resorts add drama to your ‘do. With their tinsel or feather extensions, your style will stand out from the crowd. They’ll last through the weekend, but are easily removed when it’s time to report back to work. 1133 Boardwalk at N. Carolina Avenue, (609) 340-6446, salonatresorts.com
- Special nights call for a special look. Round up your girls and make an appointment at Blue Mercury Resort Spa in the Tropicana for a lesson and make-up application using high-end cosmetics by Laura Mercier, Trish McAvoy and Nars that will transform your daytime beauty into the queens of the night. 2801 Pacific Avenue, (609) 347-7778, tropicana.net
- Limber up those limbs for a night of dancing with the Hot Toddy treatment at The Spa and Salon at Bally’s. Start with steaming hot towel infusion of Nectar whole milk to warm up your muscles. Then go for the glow with a bourbon and brown sugar scrub and finish it off heated stones with a warm caramel hydration. 1900 Pacific Avenue, (609) 340-4601, ballysac.com
- There’s dazzle and then there’s Glimmer Body Art dazzle. Start with a full-body tropical crème scrub under a refreshing Vichy shower, choose from a wide range of designs, select your colors and then let the crystal artisans at Bellezza apply sparkling Swarovski crystals to accent your bod. 2100 Pacific Avenue, (609) 343-2514, salonsbellezza.com
- Your friends just called with a last-minute invite for a night on the town but don’t panic. You can still sport those hot open-toed heels. Hit up the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa at Harrah’s for their Time-Saver Pedi Refresher and in just 20 minutes, you’ll be polished up and ready to rock. 777 Harrah’s Boulevard, (609) 441-5333, harrahsresort.com
- That cute little cocktail dress shows a lot of skin but the Bamboo Lemongrass scrub at the Immersion Spa and Spa Toccare at The Borgata will have you going for the glow. The 50-minute treatment blends bamboo grains with lemongrass essence to create a foaming exfoliating scrub followed by a moisturizing body lotion. 1 Borgata Way,
(609) 317-7555, theborgata.com
For the Guys
- Before hitting the club, sit back and let The Barbershop wizards from the Borgata work their magic. They’ll start their Signature Shave with gentle exfoliation, toning, pre-shave oil and hot towel treatment. After a straight razor shave they refresh your skin with a light facial massage, rehydrating mask and moisturizer. 1 Borgata Way, (609) 317-7555, theborgata.com
- Give a toast to the masseuses at the Spa and Salon at Bally’s and their ultimate manly massage, the Whiskey Treatment. For 75 minutes, just lay back and relax as you are slathered with a spiked bourbon scrub followed by a heated honey wrap. Finish it off with a sweet cream massage and you’ll be buffed, relaxed and ready to party. 1900 Pacific Avenue,
(609) 340-4601, ballysac.com
- Feel free to undo that next shirt button after a chest wax at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Being oh-so-gentle, the technicians apply warmed wax and take special care as they remove it, leaving you touchably sleek and buff. Back waxing also available. 777 Harrah’s Boulevard,
(609) 441-5333, harrahsresort.com
- To make a good impression, stash those kicks in the closet and bust out your best shoes. But first hit the shoe shine stand at Borgata. It’s tucked away next to the Gypsy Bar on the gaming floor and their ace staff, on duty till 10 on weekdays and 11 on weekends, will buff and brush and polish for a mirror-like shine. 1 Borgata Way, (609) 317-7555, theborgata.com
The Atlantic City Alliance (ACA) is the destination marketing organization for Atlantic City, New Jersey dedicated to diversifying the visitor economy by increasing the number of leisure visitors, the number of nights they stay and the number of things they do. The ACA is a non-membership, private non-profit organization that accomplishes its mission through the “Do AC” marketing campaign, producing citywide events and destination image building by working with the media globally. Atlantic City’s official visitor web site along with DO AC social media channels and the DO AC consumer database are the go-to sources with travel deals, entertainment lineups, compelling photography, videos and visitor information that maximize travel and tourism opportunities encouraging visits to Atlantic City year-round. For more information visit www.doatlanticcity.com.
For destination photos and videos please visit www.doatlanticcity.com/media
where dozens of new assets are available for download.
# # #
One of my favorite organizations here in Atlantic City is the Greater Atlantic City Concierge Association. This is a group of highly skilled and energetic people who work on the front line in various businesses around the city and are many times who make the first impression to guests of America’s Favorite Playground. One great benefit to belonging to this organization is that we are invited to experience different venues around town so that we can tell customers and visitors first hand about the establishments.
Last night the folks at The Hard Rock Cafe in Atlantic City were gracious enough to host our group and as always they did not disappoint. Walking into any Hard Rock Cafe is like walking into a rock and roll museum, but ours has the added benefit of an amazing ocean view. The people are always friendly, the food was just amazing, especially the burgers, and the atmosphere was perfect to unwind. You can’t help but have fun at The Hard Rock Cafe.
Thanks guys for hosting us and for providing our customers an amazing time.
Conveniently located just a few steps from the beach and world famous Atlantic City boardwalk and casinos, The Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast is nestled in the historic seaside town of Ventnor and offers the perfect place for a romantic getaway, business traveler, family reunion or corporate retreat. The Carisbrooke Inn invites you to experience its European hospitality and enjoy the pleasures of the New Jersey shore!
So we decided to start a new blog here at The Carisbrooke Inn . We hope you find it interesting. We plant to include favorite items from the past blog, like food, recipes, funny stories, updates on our dogs and of course all the great things going on in and around Ventnor and Atlantic City.